Do you love smoothie? Are you searching for new smoothie recipes that make use of bananas? If so, I would like to share everything you need to know about making and drinking banana smoothie, but first let me tell you why should you even bother to make a banana smoothie.
Health benefits of banana smoothie
Banana smoothies are healthy. Bananas are rich in potassium and low in sodium making them perfect and ideal healthy fruit. These nutrients provide numerous health benefits, such as improved digestion, increased energy, and better brain function. Bananas are not just healthy but also great for reducing depression, achieving intestinal and bone health, as well as for regulating high-blood pressure.
They are also rich in fiber, which is essential for maintaining a healthy digestive system. Fiber helps promote regular bowel movements and can reduce the risk of constipation, bloating, and other digestive issues.
All of the smoothies recipes that is will be going to share are integrated with some additional ingredients. So, if you’re looking to cut calories, you can substitute the milk with skim milk, or the ice cream with low-fat yogurt.
Banana and Nutritions
Nutritional value of bananas
Bananas are a highly nutritious fruit that are rich in vitamins, minerals, and other beneficial compounds. Here is a breakdown of the nutritional value of a medium-sized banana (approximately 118 grams):
- Calories: 105
- Carbohydrates: 27 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Protein: 1 gram
- Fat: 0.4 grams
- Vitamin C: 17% of the Reference Daily Intake (RDI)
- Vitamin B6: 20% of the RDI
- Potassium: 12% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 8% of the RDI
- Folate: 6% of the RDI
Bananas are also a good source of other vitamins and minerals, including vitamin A, vitamin E, calcium, and iron.
Choosing the right ingredients for banana smoothie
When it comes to whipping up a tasty banana smoothie, the key is to choose the right ingredients. While bananas are an excellent starting point, it’s important to be mindful of what else you’re adding to the mix, as some ingredients can turn your nutritious drink into a sugar-packed indulgence that doesn’t offer much in the way of real nutrition.
To make a smoothie that’s both healthy and delicious, opt for fresh, whole foods that are bursting with goodness. Fresh and ripe bananas are a great choice, as they’ll naturally sweeten your drink while also providing fiber and vitamins.
To further boost the nutritional content of your smoothie, consider throwing in some non-dairy milk (think almond or coconut milk), greek yogurt (a fantastic source of protein and probiotics), nut butter (a great source of healthy fats), or even some spinach (a nutrient-dense superfood). By choosing the right ingredients, you can make a smoothie that’s as nourishing as it is tasty.
10 Best Banana Smoothies you can make right now
I always serve my banana smoothies in a chilled glass, but you have the choice on how to serve them. Usually I drink them straight from the glass; sometimes I use a straw or drink them with a spoon. Serve smoothies according to your preference.
Banana Smoothie with ice cubes
Classic Banana Smoothie – you can’t go wrong with this recipe
Here is what you need:
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup of milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- A handful of ice cubes (if you like it cold)
Instructions (works with every banana smoothie you want to make):
- Peel the banana and cut it into small pieces.
- Add the banana pieces to a blender.
- Pour in the milk and add the ice cubes.
- Blend the ingredients on high speed for 30-60 seconds, or until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Taste the smoothie and adjust the sweetness or thickness by adding more milk or ice cubes as needed.
- Pour the smoothie into a glass and enjoy 🙂
- 1 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup for extra sweetness
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract for flavor
- A scoop of protein powder for extra protein
- A handful of spinach or kale for added nutrients
- 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt for a creamier texture
Banana Mango Smoothies
- 1 cup cubed peeled ripe mango
- ¾ cup ripe banana sliced
- 2/3 cup milk
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. honey
Mix all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Put in a chilled glass and serve.
Tropical Banana Smoothie
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup of frozen pineapple
- 1/2 cup of frozen mango
- 1 cup of orange juice
- handful of ice cubes for a refreshing and tropical taste
Green Banana Smoothie
- Blend 1 banana
- 1/2 cup of fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup of frozen berries
- 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
- handful of ice cubes
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- 1 medium size banana slice
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup chocolate ice cream
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
Wrap pieces of banana in foil and freeze. Unwrap, and the in blender container blend milk, banana, chocolate ice cream as well as peanut butter. Cover and blend until smooth.
Mint Chocolate Banana Smoothie
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- handful of fresh mint leaves
- ice cubes for a refreshing and chocolatey smoothie with a hint of mint.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
This is too one of my favorite smoothie.
- Blend 1 banana
- 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup of milk
- handful of ice cubes
Banana Oatmeal Smoothie
- Blend 1 banana
- 1/2 cup of cooked oats
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon of honey,
- ice cubes
Blueberry Banana Smoothie
This is one of my favorite smoothie recipe!
- 5 ounce blueberries frozen
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups ice
Put all the ingredients into a blender and mix until smooth.
Kiwi Banana Smoothie
- 1 cup milk
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 kiwi fruit, peeled and finely diced
- 1 ripe banana sliced
Mix the milk, ice-cream as well as banana together in your blender and blend until smooth. Add the kiwi fruit, blend briefly then transfer into glasses.
Banana Cantaloupe Smoothie
- ½ cantaloupe melon sliced
- 1 banana peeled
- 1 c. vanilla ice cream
- 1 tbsp. honey
Combine all of the ingredients mentioned in your blender and mix until smooth.
Boysenberry and Banana Smoothie
- 3/4 cup of boysenberries
- ½ cup low fat boysenberry or vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 sliced banana
- 1/2 cup grape juice
Add all ingredients to a blender and puree until well blended, this takes about one minute.
Fresh Yummy Strawberry Banana Smoothie
How to Properly Blend a Banana Smoothie?
- Choose ripe bananas: The key to a creamy and sweet banana smoothie is using ripe bananas. Look for bananas that are yellow with brown spots, as these will be the sweetest and easiest to blend
- Cut the bananas into small pieces: Before adding the bananas to the blender, cut them into small pieces. This will make it easier for the blender to break them down into a smooth consistency
- Liquid first: To help the blender run smoothly, add the liquid ingredients (such as milk or juice) to the blender first. This will prevent the blender from getting stuck or overheating.
- Ice last: If you’re using ice cubes to make your smoothie colder and thicker, add them to the blender last. This will help prevent the ice from getting stuck in the blades and ensure a smooth texture
- Blend on high speed: To get a creamy and smooth consistency, blend the ingredients on high speed for 30-60 seconds. If the mixture is too thick, add more liquid in small amounts until it reaches your desired consistency
- Taste and adjust: Once the smoothie is blended, taste it and adjust the sweetness or thickness as needed. You can add more honey or maple syrup for extra sweetness, or more ice cubes or frozen fruit for a thicker texture
By following these simple tips, you can create a perfectly blended banana smoothie every time.
And what about the lefotvers?
You can put into Banana Smoothie almost anything you like
How to store leftovers of banana smoothies to use it later?
If you have leftovers of banana smoothie, you can store it in the refrigerator for later consumption. However, it’s important to store it properly to maintain its quality and freshness. There are some ways to do it right:
- Use an airtight container: Transfer the smoothie to an airtight container with a lid. This will help prevent air from getting in and keep the smoothie fresh
- Refrigerate promptly: Place the container in the refrigerator immediately after blending. This will slow down the growth of bacteria and help maintain the quality of the smoothie
- Consume within 24 hours: While the smoothie can last up to 48 hours in the refrigerator, it’s best to consume it within 24 hours to ensure maximum freshness and quality
- Give it a quick stir before consuming: After taking the smoothie out of the refrigerator, give it a quick stir before consuming. This will help mix any separated ingredients and ensure a consistent texture
Are you already looking forward to your banana smoothie?
In conclusion, bananas are a delicious and nutritious fruit that can provide a wide range of health benefits. From improving digestion to boosting energy levels and reducing the risk of chronic diseases, there are many reasons why you should consider including bananas in your diet. Whether you enjoy them as a standalone snack, add them to your smoothies, or use them as a natural sweetener in your recipes, they help you maintain a healthy and balanced diet. So, next time you’re grocery shopping, make sure to stock up on this superfood and enjoy the many benefits it has to offer.